This week went well. As I suspected, K's "no more naps" initiative didn't last long. Obviously, right after I plan a schedule (including a few minutes of "quiet time", but not long enough for a nap), he decides to start taking naps again. That's perfectly fine with me. I think that if he's still taking them, then he must still need them. But now, I have to revisit my schedule and work it all out with a nap right in the middle of the day. I personally love it when both kids nap at the same time. I love the sound of silence for a change, haha.
So, our week didn't go 100% as planned, but it went really, really well. I'm so excited to be doing this and both kids love it, too!
Since K started napping again, we couldn't go into any subjects in depth, but I found that it was wonderful reviewing and reinforcing the basics, like Circle Time.
During Circle Time, we
- sing 3-5 songs
- say the Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag, the Christian Flag, and the Bible
- repeat a Scripture memory verse (we repeat the same one until it's fully memorized, so we don't go by time, amount, or schedules yet)
- read from the Christian Mother Goose book
- do calendar (days of the week, months of the year, weather, left-right, north-south-east-west, etc)
- carry and unroll the activity rug ($4 at Walmart, in a neutral color to keep him focused on his work, see pictures below)
- have Bible story time (K especially loves this one)
- do a few pages of a preschool activity book using pencils, colored pencils, or markers (I use a different book each day, so he gets to practice different subjects and do different activities every time)
- roll and put away the activity rug
- read 2 easy reader books
- read a Library book
- read through the Dolch List flash cards (we are currently reading words from Pre-K up to 2nd grade)
- pray to thank God for our day and for our snack
- have a yummy snack like fruit and homemade limeade (this takes place in the kitchen, of course)
| Singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes |
| Pledge of Allegiance posters |
| Bible lesson with felt figures |
| Preschool activity book on the activity rug (he know to never walk on it or over it, but always around it) |
| He's definitely right-handed :) |
| Sister watches him intently |
This is an activity that I found on Pinterest.
I wrote his name on the top, then put stickers in boxes underneath each letter.
Then I used regular post-it notes and traced each individual letter in his name on a separate note.
He puts them on top of each sticker to match the letters above.
This is great for letter recognition and also to learn the order of the letters in his name.
Sometimes, I even scramble the letters around. He enjoys this because it's a bit more complicated.
I just had to show you how well he reads his Dolch List sight words!
These are about a 2nd grade level. Pretty incredible! :)
And yes, both kids were sitting on my lap. Haha
So even if we only had time to do Circle Time on some day, I'd be pretty pleased because we cover a whole lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.