Friday, November 22, 2013

"God Made All Flowers" Craft (For Toddlers and Preschoolers)


Are you looking for a super fun, quick, cheap and meaningful craft for a rainy day (like in our case)?  Look no further! Here it is!  "God Made All Flowers"
                                   


Materials:
- 1 sheet of construction paper or card stock for each child
- liquid glue
- markers, crayons or both
- cupcake liners (solid colors, with patterns, whatever you have)
Most important step: Talk with the children about God and how He created all flowers in the world.
Optional: Show children pictures of different kinds of flowers or take a nature walk and play the iSpy Flowers Game. Smell the flowers that you find.

For the craft:
1.  Have child pick a cupcake liner. 
2.  Help him/her turn it over so the colored part is on the inside.
3.  Put one drop of liquid glue on back and put on construction paper.
4.  Help child draw stems and leaves, if needed.
5.  Repeat steps 1-4 a few more times. You can add as many flowers as they'd like.
6.  If children can, help them write "God made flowers" at the top.

Tips:  
-  Put on drop of essential oils in the middle of each flower for the children to smell. Using 
   different essential oils for each flower would be super fun.   
-  Glue the cupcake liners in a straight line or in varying heights.
-  Let them use both markers and crayons for the fun of it.
-  For the white liners, I let them get creative and make their own designs.
-  I didn't have any, but I am sure that the tin foil liners would be a huge hit.
-  You can even let the children glue stuff in the middle of each flower (pompoms, glitter, 
   stickers, rhinestones or whatever you have on hand).
-  You can use pipe cleaners for stems, if you'd like. I personally find them annoying to 
   glue, but they do add wonderful texture to the picture.
-  Rolled up tissue paper can also be used as stems and leaves.
-  Play fun music in the background. I like Karyn Henley's Bible curriculum music CD (for 
   toddlers).


                           
                 
                             
                         
A's finished craft (almost 2 years old)
K's finished craft (almost 4)
 photo YLjoinmyteamfinal_zps9399e46f.png

5 comments:

  1. I love this craft. i love it because it's very cute, and very easy. I'm not the crafty type of person. Haha!

    Thank you so much for sharing. Just like you said, it is the perfect craft for a rainy day - because you already have the materials.

    It's also a great craft for spring!

    I'm pinning this on the Homeschool Link Up Board. Thanks so much for linking up with us. I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute too!
    I love the hands on crafts you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful use of cupcake wrappers! Thanks for sharing at the Love to Learn Linky.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.