Friday, August 23, 2013

Homeschooling July 2013 Part 3

Montessori Botany: Composting


We bought a worm factory to start our compost pile for this Fall. We like to keep a garden going, but the Summers here are brutally hot and everything dies. The Fall is the perfect time to keep things running from around September or October until May or June. The kids were super excited about playing with the worms.
Crafty Things for Mom
I bought this awesome "buckle" when we went to Oklahoma earlier in the month. All I did was buy the beads and clasps to make my own bracelet. It turned out great and the best part about it is that I can make more bracelets with different color beads and add clasps to them and I can interchange them! How cool is that?
Play Time & Miscellaneous
It rained quite a bit here (which doesn't happen often) so I let the kids play out in the mud and puddles for a while. They had fun. The funniest part was when it was actually pouring and the kids were staring out the window and kept wondering where the hoses or sprinklers were! Yea, we hardly see rain here!


Baby girl got a haircut! Her hair was super uneven and very hard to manage. Now, it'll keep her cooler and it will grow more evenly. Can't wait to start with the ponytails and ribbons again!

Bible / Devotional Time
Our very favorite thing to do as a family is reading the Bible and praying. We do this every morning after breakfast and with Daddy before bedtime.


More Play Time
Who doesn't love playing with bubbles and with other kids? Yes, we had fun playing with our little neighbors and bubbles. It was fun! It was hot!


Montessori Practical Life: Visit to the Dentist
K's teeth were not only perfect, but he was a true champ there! He behaved really well and he wasn't scared at all to be there. I was anxious to hear about his teeth because we have been using my homemade toothpaste and wanted to see if it was working as well as I was hoping. Well, it does! If you are interested, here's a link to the 2 recipes that I alternate: Homemade toothpaste recipes.
I ordered K a garment hanger from amazon.com because his costume corner was constantly messy and out of control. This was a wonderful alternative to having everything thrown into a bin or be spread all over his room. Plus, it teaches him how to keep things organized and how to hang things up.

Baby Girl is 18 months old!
Here are pictures to compare both kids when they had their 18 month pictures done.
Such a cutie pie!
 photo YLjoinmyteamfinal_zps9399e46f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.