Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Homeschooling April 2013 Part 2



We went on a field trip to the farm! We had such fun picking produce and walking around and even eating lunch. It was also a wonderful learning experience for the kids. 
Here are some pictures. Great place!
We went on a field trip to the farm! The kids and I had a lot of fun looking at the flowers, picking artichokes, kale, and other goodies. We walked a lot, but thankfully, it wasn't cold or windy. 
The local produce is cheap and yummy!
Purple kale (delicious)
   
We had lunch there, too. Vegetarian quesadillas and fresh water. :)
This is some of the produce I bought
to juice for my one-day juice detox.
Kids' meal on the left. My meal on the right. Hmmm.
Not as tasty as the kids', but I felt oh so good!
Another mini field trip another day was
going for a bike ride. It was the perfect
day for it and they both were very
well-behaved.
K is teaching his sister the letters 
and the sounds that they make.


And now, on to our (home)school work.
Finding a correlation between shapes 
and objects that have those shapes.
 
Matching upper case with lower case.  These books are great! I ordered the workbook from Preschool Prep Co.
Circling the amount of objects that matches with the numbers on the left.

Differentiating between letters and numbers.
This was super cute. As soon as I started playing our 
Circle Time songs (on my phone), K ran to his room, got his guitar and started playing to the music.

These are some of the wall displays we have in our classroom/playroom.
Left and Right
North, South, East and West
Clock
Ordinal numbers chart (1st-12th, not shown)
World map with 7 continents & oceans
Map of US and Mexico
                 
 
The Child Training Bible: essential to
raising kids knowing God and His Word.
This is what it looks like on the inside.
I am super excited that they will soon come
out with The Child Virtues Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.