Thursday, June 27, 2013

Homemade Pancake Mix



Homemade Pancake Mix 
(not sure where I got this from, but it's wonderful)
I mix 3 batches of dry ingredients in mason jars to have ready to use. 
Just add wet ingredients and voilá.

Why don't I just buy pancake mix? You know, the kind that says "just add water?"  Well, I did a lot of research and those mixes contain way too many ingredients that I don't feel comfortable with, including soy flour. So I found this homemade mix. I made some changes (noted in parentheses below) and it makes delicious and much healthier pancakes.

DRY INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cup flour (I use 1 cup unbromated flour and 1/4 cup coconut flour)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp baking powder (I use aluminum free baking powder)
1 1/4 tsp sugar (I use coconut sugar)

WET INGREDIENTS
1 egg (I use cage free)
1 1/2 cups milk (I use homemade almond milk)
1/2 tbsp butter, melted or sofened (I use softened coconut oil)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I use blueberries, mashed banana or a mix of both)

Mix all DRY ingredients.
Mix in all WET ingredients, except for fruit.
Add fruit. 
Scoop 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
Makes about a dozen pancakes or about 5 regular-sized waffles.

 photo YLjoinmyteamfinal_zps9399e46f.png

2 comments:

  1. Tanya, I just made those today-and they were AWESOME:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I am so glad you enjoyed the recipe! You can mix it up by adding blueberries one time, mashed bananas another, apple sauce, or even mashed sweet potato or winter squash. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.