Friday, October 11, 2013

Homeschooling October 2013 Part 1



Flagstaff, Arizona
Ballet
In Ballet, we warmed up, we started some more ballet routines with the music and talked about ballet details using my instructional book and pictures. I introduced some more ballet vocabulary, too. For homework, the girls are to do their "goldfish stretches" at least once a day. They know how these go. Count to 50 before letting go of the stretch.

French: La Famille
In French, we had a fun lesson. We leaned the names of the members of our immediate family (father, mother, bother, sister, baby) and sang a cute song. I drew faces on each finger for each member of the family and used them as we sang the song. It was fun.
(TO THE TUNE OF FRERE JACQUES)
(The ...., the ....
Where is he/she? Here he/she is!
hello, hello, hello,
hello, hello, hello,
goodbye, goodbye)

Le père, le père,
Òu est-il? Ici est-il!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Au Revoir, Au Revoir

La mère, la mère,
Òu est-elle? Ici est-elle!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Au Revoir, Au Revoir

Le frère, le frère,
Òu est-il? Ici est-il!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Au Revoir, Au Revoir

La sœur, la sœur,
Òu est-elle? Ici est-elle!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Au Revoir, Au Revoir

Le bebé, le bebé
Òu est-il? Ici est-il!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour
Au Revoir, Au Revoir




                                    


My Father's World: Letter of the Week
              


Random...
This is the new "stool" that we got for the kids. It is meant to make it possible for them to reach the counter and sink. This will be wonderful for a lot of Practical Life activities like  washing hands, rinsing cups, kneading, etc. It is sturdy enough to hold both of them at the same time. I am glad we got it.
                              

Fall is here! It is my favorite season of the year! What's yours and why?



My husband is leading Bible Study at the Chapel right now. We are going over the book The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel. Great stuff. He talks about the existence of God, why He allows pain and suffering in the world and why there is evil in the world. Such important questions to know the answers to! My faith is strengthened, for sure!

As many of you know, I am a Young Living Essential Oils distributor (#1498096) and have been discovering so many wonderful things about these oils. I purchased some small glass bottles to keep my blends and singles. I have made my own First Aid kit with essential oils only. It is totally doable. I mean, look at these little guys. You can easily fit about 50 drops of the oils in each. When needed, you only use a drop or two, so these are perfect for carrying in my purse. The have come in handy a lot lately. Good thing I have them! I will be posting more about these awesome oils and their benefits. I hope to make a believer out of you.
                              


MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers): "Cleaning Your Mess" meeting
Today, I led our meeting and talked about ways to do a thorough house cleaning in 15 minutes a day. We also made our own homemade (natural, non-toxic) all-purpose cleaning solution and taught how to make natural and non-toxic air fresheners. Here are some of the ladies that went to the meeting. They all look beautiful in their aprons. And there's me in the middle. I love this group!


I finally got my renewed teaching certificate! I had only been waiting for it since May.
Kombucha Brewing: Meet Fred
I have finally ordered a scoby to brew kombucha. Kombucha is a fermented drink that is extremely healthy for the digestive system. A scoby is a yeasty bacterial mushroom that grows and ferments drinks. It takes 9-14 days for the ferment to take place. After that, you take the kombucha out of the jar and can ferment for a second time, this time, with any flavoring you want. I have heard that you can add ginger, lemon, almost any fruit, etc. It takes another week or two to ferment the second time. I am excited to see what will happen with this guy. Stay tuned to my next post to get an update on Fred.
Do any of you brew kombucha at home? Any tips you want to share?
I used to brew water kefir, but the fermentation process is so short that it was hard keeping up. I had to start a new brew every other day. It is what helped K's constipation when he had it, but it was too much. I really enjoyed brewing it, though. I am now ready for this guy to start fermenting some awesome tea.


Play Time: Flying a Kite
               
                         
                                   
Potty Training Baby Girl: The Beginning
Guess who said she needed to pee, sat on the potty and peed?! Whoa! Awesome, girl!
And there we are, Caleb and I are giving her no privacy whatsoever. Just don't tell her I post this! Lol. I'm just so impressed! We weren't even trying! We cleaned out the garage and brought it in that same day.
Montessori Practical Life: Getting Dressed and Undressed
Baby Girl is really trying hard to get dressed and undressed on her own lately.
I am so proud of her!
*UPDATE #2* Bible: God made the Plants
In Bible class a week or two ago, we learned that God made all plants. Check out these posts (Post 1: The Lesson) (Post 2: UPDATE #1). These guys are really growing! I think it's time to repot.
                   
Field Trip: Colorado River on the Boat
                    
Killing two birds with one stone...
 photo YLjoinmyteamfinal_zps9399e46f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.