Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Homeschooling November 2013 Part 6

Inspiration...

 This is, basically, our Thanksgiving 2013 post. What a wonderful time of year this is! Hubby and I just celebrated our birthdays a few weeks ago, then enter the special time of gratefulness and gratitude before heading on to the most wonderful time of the year: Christmas and New Year's.
While the pumpkins are baking (to later become homemade pumpkin pie and pumpkin rolls), K is having a blast playing with the seeds. He's so happy and I'm enjoying his giggles so much that I don't even mind the mess. He loved this activity because when he squeezed the scoop, the seeds would bounce around. Instead of Mexican Jumping Beans, they were Pumpkin Jumping Seeds. Hahaha
The pumpkins are cooling. Ice cream scoops are great for scooping the flesh out. I set aside 1.5 cups for the pumpkin rolls and 1.5 cups for the pumpkin pie. Can't wait!
Don't mind if I do! I'm very much into a thankful mood. This is Mexican hot chocolate with s'mores marshmallows. Yum!
These guys crack me up! They are dressing up as superheroes, waiting for Thanksgiving dinner to be ready. Love!
Not only am I ready for today, but I am also excited about tomorrow (leftovers and my detox drink). Got it ready! Get yours ready for tomorrow!         Click HERE for recipe.
Dessert #1: Cheesecake with a Thanksgiving twist(cranberry-cinnamon-pecan topping).
Dessert #2: Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie! 
This is obviously not my recipe, but it is the recipe I followed for the pumpkin pie yesterday. It's the sticker that I got on my pumpkin, so I am not sure who to give credit to. Brilliant idea to put a recipe sticker on, I say! Enjoy and share! 
These are the rolls I am making tomorrow for Thanksgiving. You can use any winter squash (butternut squash, acorn squash, pumpkin, and I love sweet potato, too). I am going to make a sweet potato and a pumpkin batch, I think.  These are to die for! It is my go-to recipe, for sure. You should try them and share! 
Click HERE for recipe.
                                 
                                 
                                     
Today's turkey leftovers: yummy turkey salad!
- spinach
- turkey
- sliced strawberries
- diced gala apple
- halved green grapes
- pecans
- diced avocado
- vinaigrette dressing
Black Friday Deals: 
The ABCs for Godly Boys and Girls bundle from www.theroadto31.com

Yancy's "Don't be a Turkey, just say Thanks" song


 photo YLjoinmyteamfinal_zps9399e46f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.